Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2016

2015 Favourites

I am so late to the party because I've been so busy (again) but today I have pulled myself together and I am coming to you with my 2015 beauty (and some non-beauty) favourties.


Let's start off with base. I am absolutely obsessed with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Ethereal Glow. Its staying power is amazing and the shade is just gorgeous. I have been using it for 18 months and as you can see, I am about to run out of it which makes me very sad. I have already ordered a new one and I can't wait to start using it! And it's the first blush I have ever repurchased!
I am sure I don't have to introduce anyone to Guerlain meteorites. Why did I include here two packagings? I absolutely loved the pressed ones (the normal version, not the fancy one) but I have finished them already and a few weeks ago I decided to treat myself to something special and I got the limited edition Meteorites from winter collection. They are too die for. They make my face look glow without looking too oily or wet. I have been using this Chanel Poudre Signee highlighter for 2 years. I have purchaded it in January 2013 and I have just recently hit the pan on it. The shade is beautiful and it lasts put for ages! The Illamasqua Scultpting Powder Duo in Lumos&Heliopolis is the perfect tool for pale girls who like to contour without looking weird. The contouring shade is pretty light so you won't hurt yourself (or your make-up) whilst using it. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil  matte bronzer in medium/deep is my latest purchase. It stays put 15 hours (my skin is very oily) and it blends easily. Have I mentioned it smells like chocolate? I wish I had it in lighter shade though, because this mini bronzer is a little too dark for me (is it Summer yet?) but I just had to mention it in today's post because its quality is amazing. Last but not least, foundations and concealers. Foundations are my biggest love. My skin is very high-maintenance. It is very oily, very sensitive, prone to allergy, acne, dry spots, blackheads... and I am very picky when it comes to foundations. The Urban Decay Naked foundation has a light/medium coverage (very buildable) and it is a perfect every day foundation for me. It doesn't oxidize, budge nor set in pores. When I want my skin to look perfect for 10+ hours I reach for Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation. I have never tried a foundation that would give you so much coverage being so lightweight at the same time. I don't wear it every day because I tend to go for more natural look (not that it makes me look fake, but you know what I mean). The Urban Decay Naked concealer works well as an under eye concelaer.


I might be a little obsessed with lipsticks and lip products in general. Believe me, it wasn't easy to pick only seven products for this post! I have picked Givenchy Le Rouge A Porter lipstick in 303 (beautiful shade, nice pigmentation for a balm), NARS lip pencils in Rikugien (satin, nice every day color) and Cruella (matte, it stays put for ages! you can eat, drink and kiss and it won't fade away! + it doesn't dry out my lips like matte lipsticks tend to do), Marc Jacobs lipstick in 216 Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (the most creamy lipstick I have ever tried! + the shade is perfect for everyone), Urban Decay Sheer lipstick in Shame (very pigmented for a sheer lipsticks, moisturising), NARS Audacious lipstick in Anna (satin, almost matte gorgeous lipstick) and Maybelline Color Elixir in 135 (nice colour, very moustirising). In 2015 I have also been using Anastasia Beverly Hills brow duo powder in Medium Dark, my absolutely favourite eyeshadow primer Wet N Wild (IMO it's better than NARS, Urban Decay and Too Faced) and Tarte Precision Longwear liquid eyeliner. 
I am known for wearing my sunscreen every day. So far my favourite one is this one from Vichy. It's great for oily skin and it doesn't leave white cast. I have been also enjoying two face mask - Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask (it smells like cinnamon and leaves skin clean and moisturised) and Aesop Parsley Seed  cleansing mask (apparently it's suited to most skin types but I wouldn't recommend it if your skin is very sensitive, I can only use it on my t-zone because it's too harsh for my cheeks). As for nail varnishes, I have picked out three that I have been wearing a lot this year - Essie Bahama Mama (I love this shade!), Rimmel Berries And Cream (it's slightly more red than Essie) and Nails Inc Bamboo White (gorgeous, gorgeous nude).


Bath&Body Works Frosting Cinnamon candle is my favourite candle ever. It smells like cinnamon cookies. Last but not least, Kindle - it's so far the best purchase I have ever made. I love reading but I hurt my back and neck a few weeks ago and I am not allowed to carry heavy books with me so I got Kindle and I got totally obsessed with it. At first I wasn't so sure about it, because you know, it's not a real book, but it's so lightweight and portable :-)


What are your 2015 favourites? :-) 


2 comments:

  1. Amazing post! I have tried some of these but thank you for the recommendations! Also just followed your blog :) x

    Karolina
    www.astral-lane.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of products that I haven't tried here so I'll definitely be giving some of them a go in 2016. Thanks for the recommendations!
    Rachel x
    Lost In Lipstick

    ReplyDelete